Posted on June 26, 2020
Clear Ears are pleased to advise we are able to commence a staged reopening of clinics.
We have been able to secure a small supply of the medically approved PPE allowing us a limited reopening at our Moorabbin and South Yarra Clinics only.
To ensure safety and to minimise the risk of transmission between our clients and staff we have implemented the following at the Clinics:
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted in clinic (high temperature, sore throat, cough or shortness of breath). Clients with these symptoms will be asked to re-book when they are symptom free or have a recent letter including negative test results from their GP confirming they are non contagious.
- If a client arrives at clinic showing symptoms (high temperature, sore throat, cough or shortness of breath) they will be given a mask and asked to leave clinic and to call to reschedule when they arrive home
- If a client has been confirmed with, or been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19; inline with Australian Government guidelines, we request evidence of two negative test results taken 24 hours apart once recovered and prior to attendance at clinic.
- Clients are asked to attend on their own if possible, however, one support person may accompany if necessary.
- Clients will be asked to perform hand hygiene on arrival to clinic
- Clients will be asked to wear a mask during the procedure when physical distancing is impossible to maintain. If clients do not attend with a mask we will provide them one on arrival to the clinic
- Clinic appointments have been lengthened to 30 minutes to limit numbers in the clinic, and to allow for extra cleaning between appointments
- Clear Ears Nurses will be wearing PPE during the procedure including mask, gown and gloves as per current recommended guidelines.
- Waiting room chairs will be set 1.5m apart to comply with distancing measures
- Toys and magazines have been removed from the waiting room
- In house sterilisation has commenced to prevent any potential exposure between hospital supply and our clinics.
The first available Clinic will be Friday 3rd July at our Moorabbin Clinic. Bookings will be available online to the limited clinic appointments from Monday 29th June. Clients on our Waiting List will be given priority access.
Limited Clinic Opening times:
Moorabbin – Fridays 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (from 3rd July)
Moorabbin – Tuesdays 8:30 am – 1:30 pm (from 7th July)
South Yarra – Wednesdays 10:00 am – 2:00 pm (from 8th July)
Moorabbin – Wednesday evenings fortnightly 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm (from 22nd July).
The appointment fee has increased to $125 to cover the cost of the additional PPE.
We look forward to seeing you again.
The Clear Ears Team