Posted on June 28, 2020
A: To ensure safety and to minimise the risk of transmission between our clients and staff we have implemented the following at the Clinics:
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted in clinic (high temperature, sore throat, cough or shortness of breath). Clients with these symptoms will be asked to re-book when they are symptom free or have a recent letter including negative test results from their GP confirming they are non contagious.
- If a client arrives at clinic showing symptoms (high temperature, sore throat, cough or shortness of breath) they will be given a mask and asked to leave clinic and to call to reschedule when they arrive home
- If a client has been confirmed with, or been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19; inline with Australian Government guidelines, we request evidence of two negative test results taken 24 hours apart once recovered and prior to attendance at clinic.
- Clients are asked to attend on their own if possible, however, one support person may accompany if necessary.
- Clients will be asked to perform hand hygiene on arrival to clinic
- Clients will be asked to wear a mask during the procedure when physical distancing is impossible to maintain. If clients do not attend with a mask we will provide them one on arrival to the clinic
- Clinic appointments have been lengthened to 30 minutes to limit numbers in the clinic, and to allow for extra cleaning between appointments
- Clear Ears Nurses will be wearing PPE during the procedure including mask, gown and gloves as per current recommended guidelines.
- Waiting room chairs will be set 1.5m apart to comply with distancing measures
- Toys and magazines have been removed from the waiting room
- In house sterilisation has commenced to prevent any potential exposure between hospital supply and our clinics.